Mold is a fungus that grows wherever there is moisture, both inside and outside of the home. When mold grows inside the home, it poses a number of risks to both the sanitary and safety of the home, as well as the health of those inside the residence. It is imperative to monitor the home for mold growth and take immediate action if you suspect a problem.
There are also a few preventative steps to take to keep mold growth at bay in your home. It is important to take as many of these precautionary steps as possible because it is far easier to prevent mold than it is to treat it once it begins to breed. How can you prevent mold growth in your home?
· Keep moisture in the home at bay! Do not hang wet clothes around the house, use a humidifier in the one, and install vents on the clothes dryer to start things off.
· Install a ventilation system in the bathroom if one is not in place already
· Hire a professional to provide mold air test portland oregon. This affordable service can save you a lot of time and trouble!
· Have a leak? Call a plumber and do not let this problem prolong. Doing so will not only cause more plumbing problems, but potentially model growth, too.
· Waterproof the basement!
· Keep an eye on the roof and respond quickly to any leaks or other problems that may produce moisture
· Seal all of the cracks around the foundation of your home.
Mold is a problem throughout Portland and the rest of the world, but this isn’t to say that it is an issue you must deal with. Use the information above to help keep your home free of mold!